As part of the UK, Wales retains autonomy to promote its region and is active primarily through Finance Wales.
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have been supporting their independent-minded populations for years.
In Wales, Finance Wales plays a similar role to Scottish Enterprise and has provided about £400m in tailored debt, equity and mezzanine investments. Overall, Finance Wales has invested £111m in equity-type products.
• Micro loans – £1,000 to £50,000.
Investments & Deals
- Deal net: 5 – 9 June 2017
- Creo collects $25m ahead of Aim flotation
- Deal net: 10 – 14 October 2016
- Finance Wales shares in $6.3m round for Vizolution
- Deal net: 19 – 23 September 2016
- Perpetual V2G keeps its cool thanks to Finance Wales
- Stratium sets lasers to fund
- Wales backs online group purchasing system
- Nemesis Bioscience opens facility in Cardiff, Wales
- Electrostatic Ultravision brings in funding
- Welsh investment makes beer better
- Finance Wales approaches three exits
- Welsh funding for Clinithink
Funds & Finance
Government reports & news
Regional & Local Governments
* Full report available online