National: Taiwan, officially the Republic of China
Taiwan, officially the Republic of China, is in disputed sovereignty with People's Republic of China but is the world's 19th largest economy.
It remains to be seen whether the latest crop of funding and support will amount to a greater harvest for entrepreneurs and their investors.
“Startups are the fruits of innovation,” according to Taiwan’s government, but are a crop requiring plenty of regulatory and financial support judging by a host of announcements covering crowdfunding, new venture capital funds and entrepreneur visas from the island in the past month month.Read more...
Investments & Deals
Funds & Finance
- Taiwan wants 30,000 startups
- Taiwan seeds accelerator
- Taiwan upgrades economy with $3.1bn
- Taiwan helps free Vivo's $100m Panda Fund
- NZVIF and NDF go Global from Day One
- Taiwan breathes $40m into $100m Vivo fund
- Editorial: Taiwan plans reforms and funds
- Fund commitments benefit Taiwan startups
- Mediatek chips in to $1.6bn semiconductor fund
- NZ and Taiwan join for fund
Law & Policy
Government reports & news
Regional & Local Governments
* Full report available online