While many venture capital measures remain federal, government venturing must always be considered from Belgium's regions: Wallonia, Flanders and Brussels.
Government Reports: Benelux part one - Belgium
Over the past decades, Belgium has evolved from a unitary to a federal state, in which responsibilities have been transferred from the centre to the regions and provinces. Following the sixth state reform in 2011, regions now control far larger sections of the economy, including in trade matters, the labour ...
Investments & Deals
- Deal net: 28 August – 1 September 2017
- Deal net: 27 March – 7 April 2017
- Astellas to acquire Ogeda for $853m
- AgroSavfe grows series B round
- Deal net: 5 – 9 December 2016
- Promethera relights series C round
- OncoDNA fits the profile in $8.6m round
- Promethera starts preparing $45m IPO
- Avantium advances to $22.7m
- Investors shine on iStar Medical series B
- Walloon strengthens Bone Therapeutics funding
- Euroscreen raises $18m
- Stem cell treatment for bone injuries gains €28m ($31m)
- Website speed-monitoring company raises €2m
- Belgium’s Celyad floats
- Biocartis diagnoses $111m IPO
- Flemish Funding for Feel-able medication reminder
- Investment keeps Belgian hearts beating
- Olygose feeds on €5m
- Utrecht takes a shine to Cristal
- Promethera receives call for $25m series C
- Biogazelle raises €2m ($2.5m)
Funds & Finance
Federal legislation introduced the Privaks, private equity investment funds subject to very strict rules.
Law & Policy
Regional governments seeking to improve access to other forms of investment in general, such as venture capital, are supported by an important federal tax measure called notional interest deduction.
Government reports & news
Regional & Local Governments
* Full report available online